This blog is the summary of notes that we took as we experienced the Tapping World Summit 2012 and it gives our interpretation of the message shared by the key speakers. For more information on this event, please visit the Tapping World Summit 2012 page.
Day 7 – Red Room – Finding Peace with Bad Breakups and Letting Go of Old Relationships – Rick Wilkes
Some people recover from bad breakups very easily, while others take a long time to get over. Rick Wilkes, explains how our different personalities play a vital role in such situations. Rick Wilkes is an EFT coach and Pain and Trauma specialist with more than 18 years of experience.
Rick takes the example of warrior personality where the person may come out of the breakup quickly, deciding that the other person was anyway not worth and can easily cut off. Whereas, Rick himself falling in the other category of lover or co-creator, know how hard it is for such people to recover from seemingly a harsh situation. The people from this category, although may try to build a wall around themselves and try to cut them off from the relationship, find themselves pushing and banging against the same wall, hoping that something will work out one day. But with Tapping, we can release that trapped energy in our body or mind and be able to detach from the person or the relationship.
Rick goes into Tapping to demonstrate how the energy shifts as we start thinking about the person and thinking that he / she is the only one and then think of other options. Rick says, that we may come back to the same person again and again and that is fine. But eventually the intensity will be much lower. The main idea is that we are addressing and acknowledging the negative emotion or the energy we have trapped in the broken relation and then redirecting it to a new possibility.
Rick also did some Tapping on the situations where, we find ourselves all alone. It may be that we were used to talking to our ex each day and now we don’t have anyone to fill that energy flow. In such instances, Rick suggests that, while Tapping, we should expand our circle and gives some really effective Tapping script. Having a support system for people who are lover, co-creators or healers is very important. Many people do not have an immediate support available. They can use a distant support, in form of God or Higher Self, or even a distant friend, whom they feel like hugging and spilling all the energy. This way they are redirecting the energy from the broken relationship to something different.
Rick also talks about how history of breakups or unresolved feelings affects the current break up and the way we deal with it. According to Rick, the brain actually stores the old traumas like a frozen thing. Each time something similar happens, even if it is a smallest thing, our brain magnifies it and it feels like a big thing. He gives the example of holding hands, which may be wonderful thing for someone, while a pullback or confinement for other – depending on their past history. Hence tapping on the old relationships, or old breakups helps to change the energies and helps dealing with the current relationship in much better way.
Rick gave some great Tips for variety of situations:
- When we are in grief and emotions are all over the place – Tap saying exactly that
- While Tapping, we can feel ourselves sitting the in chair, or feel the feet on the floor – it is called Grounding.
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to the words for Tapping
- The emotions can be of being betrayed or being the betrayer – both or either of these energies need to be cleared and released from our system.
- For people who are withdrawn due to the breakup and they pull themselves back in the shells. For such people, putting reminders in the different areas of their house with words that speak about the place where they like to be – “Even though I feel this deep loss, I choose to feel good right now.”
- Rick recommends Tapping at least 20 mins in the morning – may be before the breakfast and 20 mins after evening dinner or before going to bed. But during the day, there may be instances when those memories may come roaring down and we can easily excuse ourselves into the bathroom and do a quick round or two.
- Asking Questions to ourselves is a great way to work with the energies. What do I need to clean up? What does it look like? What has been left unsaid?
It was a wonderful session and Rick covered so many great aspects. Just listening to that can make someone come out of their grief and embrace a new life.
3 take-away points from this session:
- The different personality – Warriors and Lovers
- Tapping sequences and energy shifts
- Great tips for various situations
Did you miss out this event? You can still buy the recordings of these powerful session, plus get a Workbook and many other bonus Gifts – Click here.
Read what other Speakers said – back to Tapping World Summit Schedule